Monday, June 21, 2010

The Evolution of Peggy Olson, in Pictures

Promotional material for Mad Men's fourth season is starting to pop up all over the place.

The latest source is USA Today's Pop Candy blog which ran several still photos from the new season including one startlingly different image of Peggy Olson. This got me to thinking about how much Peggy's changed over the past few seasons, going from Don's brand spankin' new secretary who wasn't sure if she should flirt with him, to the first female copywriter at Sterling Cooper, and to a pivotal member of the new ad agency Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce who's having an affair with Duck.

Here's Peggy from season one, fresh from secretarial school:


Peggy looked much different later on in season one:



Peggy, post-promotion (post-baby), in season two, after shedding her extra weight:


Season three's Peggy with a new do:


The new season four photo that I saw on USA Today:


What do you think of this season four Peggy photo? She looks much more business-like, older and more sophisticated than in season one.

1 comment:

Cooley Horner said...

I like it, though I can't help thinking it looks like a wig in that particular shot (and maybe it is). I am beside myself with glee for this new season. July, get here soooonnnn.

I've got to buy a gift for a wedding shower soon. I keep thinking to myself, "It's a chip-n-dip. We got two."